Healthy habits should be very easy to execute but then life happens.
You always start your day with good intentions. You get out of bed and decide to make today the day you start eating healthier. You already made plans to do a 30 minute workout and make a yummy green smoothie. But when you look at the time and it’s already 6:30am.
The time went by so fast while you were making breakfast for your family and getting ready for work.
You tell yourself that you will just order in a healthy meal during lunch break but your day gets filled up with meetings and client work and you forget to eat. At this point, anything will do. Even a doughnut.
You haven’t given up yet though. You can still do a 15 minute workout when you get home in the evening. When you get home, you get preoccupied making sure your kids have eaten, you try to catch up on your favourite TV show and social media and before you know it, the day is already gone.
You tell yourself that you will do better the next day but the next day would most likely end up the same way as the previous day.
Can you relate to this?
Juggling family, work, fitness, beauty routines and eating healthy is not easy. It takes a lot of planning and commitment but I promise you it can be done.
I’ve got 13 tips for you to make it easier to adopt healthier habits in your everyday life.
1. Swap sugary drinks with natural juice or water. You can order fresh juice instead or good and reliable water.
2. Swap Tv time or social media time with a long evening walk. You don’t have to do this every day, but 3 times a week seems fair.
3. Drink enough water. No matter how busy you get, always keep a bottle of water handy and try to finish it and get more.
4. Make simple healthy meals. You can make meals that require 3 ingredients or less. For breakfast you can make oatmeal with banana or apples. It’s really filling.
5. Prepare pre-packaged smoothie bags. You can cut up your fruits and veggies for your smoothies during the weekend or the night before. In the morning, it would just be a matter of blending it together and you are good to go.
6. Take the stairs. So you couldn’t work out in the morning, just take the stairs to get a little bit of physical activity in.
7. Start your day with lemon water. This literally takes like 5 minutes or less to make.
8. If you sit on your desk all day, move around a bit at work
9. Keep healthy snacks handy. When you don’t have time to get food, you can have your snacks to keep you from starving. Your snacks can be anything from healthy cookies, to nuts, fruits or veggies.
10. Get used to portion control. Basically just be conscious of how much you are eating. If you get used to this, you could really lose some serious weight.
11. Get a support system. This can